COVID-19 Service Update
Our team will continue all fuel deliveries, and service into the fall and winter seasons in accordance with the guidelines given by the CDC, plus state and federal authorities. Our COVID-safe, contactless service includes our mandatory requirement for all Drivers, Technicians and Salesmen to wear personal protective equipment whenever entering a customer’s home.
Additionally, as we enter the winter months, please remember to try to always keep a clear, ice-free path to your fill pipe or tank so our drivers can access it quickly and safely. As well, shovel and salt your driveway so our trucks can navigate without obstruction.
Thank you. We appreciate your continued cooperation, and will look to update you with the latest news and updates over the coming weeks and months. Please reach out to us by calling 973-609-1292 if you need anything, or have any questions.
The JW Pierson Team
We are committed to keeping our employees, our customers, and our community safe and healthy. We have a business continuity program in place to keep our business operating and providing our customers with the quality of service you are accustomed to receiving from Dixon. We have introduced the following procedures into our daily life at JW Pierson.
- Our staff has received training and protocol procedures per CDC guidelines. They will continue to receive information and training as those protocols evolve and change in accordance with the CDC and Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders.
- We are making regular heating oil and propane deliveries.
- In accordance with Gov. Murphy’s signature of Executive Order No. 142, we are now scheduling preventative maintenance for both heating and air conditioning, as well as installation work.
- We are implementing safe practices in our offices according to CDC guidelines.
- Our employees are supplied with face masks, gloves, and sanitary wipes and know that wearing them is a condition of employment.
- Before dispatching a service technician we will ask you the following questions.
- Is anyone in the home sick or quarantined, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Does the homeowner have an outside entrance to your basement to access your heating and air conditioning equipment?
- Our offices are still closed to the public. Our staff will continue to be available by phone or email for our customers service needs.
Thank you for your understanding in helping us all try to stay healthy and safe.
Effective immediately, due to Governor Murphy’s orders, we will only be conducting emergency service work. Emergency service does not include regular maintenance and system tune ups. If you have an appointment scheduled, our team will reach out and reschedule once order is lifted. If you believe you have an emergency, (equipment breakdown or no heat) please call us. We are STILL delivering fuel. Thank you!
COVID-19 is disrupting our lives in many ways. We have been closely following the guidance given by the CDC and by state and federal authorities. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our customers and our employees.
What we are doing for your benefit
- We have told our employees not to come to work if they feel sick or if anyone in their household has a fever.
- We’ve instructed all of our technicians and drivers to take extra precautions when coming into contact with customers in their homes or businesses. They have also been told to keep a safe distance from customers. We want to err on the side of caution, even if it feels awkward at times (like no handshakes).
- We do not anticipate any interruptions with regards to delivery or service since oil companies are deemed an essential service.
What you can do for our employees
- If you have a service call scheduled and someone in your home is sick, please alert us. This also applies if you have come in close contact recently with someone who has tested positive. We can easily reschedule your call.
- Keep a safe distance away (six to eight feet) after letting one of our people into your home. We know this will feel awkward, but it is the recommended strategy for mitigating the spread of the virus. You can also arrange to leave a key in the event that you do not want to be at home. If you have a separate entrance to your basement, we can use that.
- If you normally come by the office to pay your bill in person, we ask that you refrain. We can make it easy by setting up an automatic credit card payment if you’d like. Remember! It’s easy to pay online through My Account.
Make sure we have your cell phone number and email address so that we have multiple ways to contact you in case we urgently need to reach you. This is a fluid situation, and we are in uncharted waters. We will update this page if the situation warrants it.
Important website pages for you to access us online:
MY ACCOUNT-it’s easy to pay online
We look forward to the time when all this will be unnecessary. Until then, be safe.
Your Team at JW Pierson