Six Home Comfort Resolutions For 2021
I think it’s safe to say that we’re all glad to have 2020 officially behind us so we can move on to what’s in store for 2021. Before we do, here are some suggestions for new pledges you can make to the comfort and wellbeing of our families in our New Jersey homes in 2021:
- Take care of the small stuff – Home energy efficiency and comfort are as much about small changes as they are about big purchases. Commit to taking care of the basics – change your air filters regularly, keep your vents and baseboards clear, close exterior doors, caulk cracks around windows, install door sweeps – the little things add up!
- Simplify your bill paying – Take advantage of convenient services that can reduce stress and help you focus more on fun and family. Sign up for E-Z Pay, for example, and you’ll get the same bill every month no matter how much heating oil you use, while FREE automatic delivery service greatly reduces the risk of a fuel run-out. Or try paperless billing or Autopay and save yourself time and a stamp!
- Re-claim your indoor climate – Managing the temperature of your home with a smart thermostat is about the easiest way to save 10 percent on your heating and cooling bills. Take an afternoon and learn how your thermostat works. If you don’t have one, strongly consider installing a Honeywell RedLINK Wireless thermostat: it will pay for itself the first year you own it (plus it’s cool to use!).
- Take care of your investments – Probably the most important thing you can do for your home comfort is to get your heating and cooling system tuned up every year. Routine service by an experienced HVAC professional pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a JW Pierson Service Plan.
- Make smart upgrades – Even if you take great care to maintain your equipment, there will come a time when replacing your heating system or A/C system is more sensible than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate – an upgrade will usually pay for itself in a few years in the form of lower energy bills, and will provide more reliable performance in the meantime.
- Treat yourself – Sometimes you need to treat yourself to something new (we’ve certainly earned a treat after last year)! Whether your pleasure is a new REME HALO® whole-home air purifier to help you breathe easier or a mini-split A/C for your home office or yoga room, we’ll help you make it happen.
Say buh-bye to 2020 and start 2021 out right with expert service and heating and cooling equipment upgrades from JW Pierson. Contact us today to learn about home comfort equipment installations in NJ!