Why Bother with a Tune-up?
Sometimes, saving a few dollars can cost you a lot
Every season, we get calls from customers who gambled on past good luck, and don’t get a tune-up for their heating system. They think they’re saving a little money. Then their boiler fails on an icy Saturday morning. It’s more than likely that the repair will cost far more than the tune-up.
Your heating system is one of the largest investments you make in your home. Protecting that investment just makes good sense. The best way to do that is to have professional maintenance service performed on your equipment every year.
Not convinced? Here are five reasons to give your boiler or furnace the care it needs:
- Reliability. Your equipment will run when you need it most. It’s not the average winter temps that strain your equipment. It’s the stretch of single-digit days and those polar vortexes and bomb cyclones that force your heating system to work extra hard to heat your home. Routine maintenance catches heating system problems in their early stages, helping you avoid inconvenient equipment breakdowns and the potentially costly repairs that come with them.
- Lower bills. A well-maintained heating system runs more efficiently, burning less fuel to keep you comfortable. That translates into savings on your fuel bills – often as much as 10 percent.
- Better return on your investment. In short: Your equipment will last longer. Regular maintenance can add years to the life of your furnace or boiler. Neglected heating equipment will need to be replaced earlier than expected—a big expense that can be avoided with seasonal tune-ups.
- Warranty protection. For most people, a good warranty is a key consideration with a major purchase like a heating system. Why jeopardize that coverage? Most heating equipment warranties require routine professional service as a precondition; skip your tune-up and your manufacturer could be voided, leaving you to pay out of pocket for the expense.
- Better air. If you own a forced-air heating system, a well-maintained furnace will help keep air moving while also controlling household humidity – two significant contributors to healthy indoor air.
Heating Service Plans: More Than Just a Tune-up
With a service plan, you get more than just a seasonal tune-up. For just a few dollars a month, our Comfort and Advantage service plans cover parts and labor for nearly 70 repairs and includes an annual multi-point tune-up. Our Total Comfort plan covers 100 repairs, with no diagnostic fees and no charge for no-heat emergencies. All our plans include priority emergency service. Because according to Murphy’s Law, if something can go wrong, it will—and usually at the worst time. These emergencies won’t wait until the weather clears or normal business hours resume, and neither will we.
Keep your heating equipment running better for longer – sign up for a service Plan from JW Pierson today! Contact us to learn more about our service plans. We’ll be happy to talk you through the options to find the best plan for you.